View Single Post

Old 06-11-2013, 12:42 AM

Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

About a month ago, I was at one of the Wal-Marts near my house, I live in Ga. And behold, they had Federal Lightning 40gr LR in 500 round bricks. Of course Wal-Mart still has the 3 box limit. I was the only guy at the counter and asked the lady for 3 boxes. All three boxes were less than $65 for all 3 boxes. So far the local Wal-Mart has not went up on their price, YET! I keep reading about the price of metals going up so this will drive the price of ammo up. How much I guess we will see. Thankfuly I learned about the ammo shortages the first time the president was elected, the same thing happened, but I beleive it is worse this time. In 2008 yu could buy 22lr ammo almost everwhere, but not this time. After 2008 when things went back to normal, I started picking up one or two boxes either at the stores or the gun shows. Ammo does add up when you buy it like this. When and if the ammo shortage gets better again, I plan to do the same thing again, just stock up on what I need, as I go..Ray