View Single Post

Old 06-13-2013, 11:58 AM

Liked 86 Times in 47 Posts
Default Alien Gear Holster Review

Just got an Alien Gear Holster in from Alien Gear Holsters.

The very first thing I did was loosen the tension screws and slide my Shield in there. Too tight. I even took all the hardware off and worked the leather some to break it in. It got a bit better. But, was still pretty tight. I whipped out the bag of extras that came with it to see if there were any longer screws and rubber grommets (which are just rubber hosing). I lucked out. They aren't that much longer. But they worked to loosen it up.

Here is the Shield in its new home, for now.

I must say the re-holstering, comfort and design of the Crossbreed style IWB has this thing beat, by far. Don't get me wrong. This holster is pretty decent... just not what I expected. The leather is great quality. It's super thick. Too think IMO. The tension screw and rubber grommet attachment of the kydex piece is not a design that I care for. Great concept. But, it tends to create a wide, less forgiving tuck for smaller guys and gals.

Leather thickness and screw/grommet design.

What you have to contend with, when re-holstering.

I will give this holster it's well deserved chance. Hopefully it breaks in quickly. The wide kydex portion I will have to adapt to. I'm not sure I will. It makes the fit of my pants around the waist area feel pretty awkward. If this thing doesn't workout for me, I will still keep it. It will then be used as a guide to make my own, versus sending it back for a refund. I mean it was only $29, plus shipping, after all.

Last edited by Atticaz; 06-13-2013 at 12:06 PM.