View Single Post

Old 06-13-2013, 05:48 PM

Liked 69 Times in 13 Posts
Smile Invitation to Funeral in Arlington: Col. Van Orden:

I would like to invite the Vietnam and Korean veterans with (and without!) their motorcycles and make this a real rally of pride and independence to Col. George Mason Van Orden's funeral in Arlington on Wednesday, June 19, at 1 p.m.. My brother was a Vietnam veteran, and I helped in the 70's also, as an Army National Guard member in the Public Information Office. We are going to try to get the band to play the General Van Orden march written by Leo Denena, Jr. because I really think, with all of the bad press recently about weapons and the military, that we need to have something local to focus on that will relax the civilians and build a sense of unity of purpose and I think in a small way this might be one of those somethings. He gave up his opportunity to shoot in the Olympics and his captaincy of the M.C. Rifle Team to call for a congressional investigation to fix the M-16 so it wouldn't jam in combat conditions. He's a hero and we need to show that we believe in standing up for safety by a show of numbers. What do you think?
The Following 3 Users Like Post: