View Single Post

Old 06-17-2013, 06:21 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Got mine from Galloway Precision the first week that they became available. Very straight forward design. It is a dual spring kit. There is a larger spring which takes a steel "cup" that the smaller spring slides into for assembly. At first I was very concerned about the performance, but after assembly, and several "manual" rackings of the mags without firing to test dry-fire ejection issues, they worked flawlessly. Next was to the range with actual firing. I put several types of ammo through them to test for any particular ammo "likes" of the design. I fired Remington, Speer, Gold Dots, Federal, Critical Defense, and steel cased Tul Ammo through the gun. Not a single FTE, or FTE. The kit will also replace the stock plastic orange follower, with what I call a very similar design to a Wilson Combat/Tripp Research type steel follower that was free of any burr's or rough edges. The replacement floorplate also has a reversable placement hole to hold the new smaller spring (it goes on the bottom of the stack assembly) in place for either flat or fingertip type base plates. I have since converting to these +1 upgrades to my magazines,... put about 300 rounds through both of them together with no issues. The new dual spring system also does not "overforce" or cause "over-pressure" issues on the rounds as you are loading or unloading which is typical of "follower" replacement design's that use the existing springs that just become "tougher" with increased compression resistance on the firearm and mag body. 7 rounds load just as easy as 6 with no increases in resistance on the magazine body or increased resistance pushing up on the slide as the action works through live firing or manual racking of the slide. I prefer this design and magazine set-up well over the stock system, and now I can carry 7 rounds +1 in the barrel for eight shots out of the holster with no changes to the firearm size or dimensions. Again, this is just my opinion and experience, and I am by no means a expert, but I would highly recommend these kit's to anyone I know who has a BG380. I showed these to my local gunstore, and as of last week, he sold 10 kits as soon as he got them in. Nothing fancy about the packaging, plastic bag with stapled card stock on top, which when unfolded, contains installation instructions in detail. Hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: