View Single Post

Old 06-18-2013, 08:07 AM

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default Late addition to this thread - comments on 5.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Steve View Post
Caseydog, Wow, thanks for a valuable tip. I'm on it tomorrow. Anybody else out there have any thoughts, good or bad, on the 5.4L Ford? I hope, but doubt, I can keep my foot out of it, especially after all the years driving the 4.2L V-6...but what a ride. (o;
I am reading this post much later - June 2013 - but as I am a FORD man and LOVE the F-150s, I can't resist adding my extreme pleasure over the 5.4L V-8. I purchased a 2001 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat in 2002 (after my '97 F-150 - my favorite truck ever - was taken from me by an 18-wheeler). The 2001 had just about 30K miles on it and was very clean - purchased at a dealer. I take good care of my vehicles and (don't ask me why) when my oldest son began driving, this became his truck. It's now at Penn State (son is a senior), and the truck is approaching 210K miles! It still runs and sounds like a champ!!! We use ONLY full synthetic oil and have changed the oil every 3K miles, and take care of anything that breaks/fails - so other than a few minor quirks the truck is still a great ride. I would not hesitate to get another 5.4L except for the gas mileage. My 'next' truck will have the new 3.5L EcoBoost engine...
John 3:16