View Single Post

Old 06-20-2013, 06:36 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

Michael Bane has hosted a TV show on shooting - centered on defensive shooting - on satelite/cable TV's "Outdoor Channel" for years.

I guess I am part of the problem - and a double-edged part at that. I bought the max - all three boxes - of .22 WMR ammo I found in a local WallyWorld earlier this week. I hadn't bought rimfire there since the election - and had plenty for my uses and needs - but I bought them anyway. Bad me! And I recycled cat litter pails into easily moved sealable food storage. I even have paper products stashed away. I'm 'ready', even if I don't consider myself a true hoarder (I've seen the TV shows - I don't save delivery pizza boxes!). I don't own a former missle silo, so I don't feel like a true 'prepper', either. I am ready for tornado/hurricane season, I suppose.

I think the federal gun control, actually effected by presidential 'executive orders' for the DHS to stockpile unreasonably large caches of ammo, is responsible for the slowed civilian ammo deliveries - particularly in rimfire calibers. Ammo makers are making maximum amounts of .223, leaving little time for .22 rimfire production. The good news for us, as revolver users, is that our handgun's capacities are far lower than the typical bottom-feeder shooter's. Our stashes will last longer.

Stainz

Last edited by Stainz; 06-20-2013 at 06:39 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: