View Single Post

Old 06-20-2013, 02:25 PM

Liked 222 Times in 87 Posts

One of the things that I have found most interesting during this long "ammo shortage" has been how quickly the self-righteous gunners have jumped all over anyone who raised their prices more than a little bit. Aren't these ammo sellers mostly republicans? Wait a minute, why should they give up their right to make a profit(albeit extreme), in a capitalist economy, that they enjoy while you P&M about them gouging.
Me, I'm not a republican, I'm a former long haired hippy so you guess, but I reload and have a couple of thousand rounds on hand for my various calibers, and while component prices have risen not like ammo prices. I have bought 6 boxes of 22 shells at my local walmart when I was lucky (2x3), at normal prices,just to buy because I have a couple thousand on the shelf, but I shoot 22lr a lot.
The other side of the coin is that the sellers must lower their prices so everybody gets the same price. Sounds too democratic to me...just saying
FREE ENTERPRISE...no-one is mandating you have to buy at extravagant prices, but if you just gotta have another thousand of whatever round you think you need right now, then pay the price....
The Following User Likes This Post: