View Single Post

Old 06-20-2013, 10:39 PM

Liked 1,090 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsrfun1 View Post
I am convinced it's the hoarders (I call them hogs) that are causing this issue. I live in PA and every day, the same group of three or four clowns line up at the local Wal-Mart before the clerk brings out ammo at 7 am, and scarf up their three boxes of whatever, leaving little for everyone else. How do I know this? Well, I go there when there actually is something I am interested in, and guess what, by the time I get there, the same folks are in line. I already complained to the WM manager that they should impose a 3-box, 1-box-per-caliber limit, so that more people will at least get some ammo. In fact, I plan to write W-M and suggest same.
Honestly, this "shortage" has given me a jaundiced view of some of my shooting brethren. I am not impressed.
On one hand I can see your point. On the other, not so much. I know it can be frustrating but I do the same thing and dutifully ask at Wallys whats in. Usually, not too much. Occasionally I am rewarded for my persistence and get acouple of box's of something I need. It's just the luck of the draw and you have to be a persistent as humanly possible I believe to get ammo.