View Single Post

Old 06-21-2013, 05:38 PM

Liked 296 Times in 127 Posts

I would strongly recommend against giving up something you like because of hard times. The government (national , state and local), along with the mainstream media would love to see the level of success they have achieved, by essentially brainwashing gun owners to believe they are guilty of some nefarious activity, while simply pursuing a sport. They would probably be delighted to see us bickering among ourselves as well. Personally, I plan to ride out this "shortage", just like the last one. I did plan for this kind of situation many years ago, by simply making myself as independent as possible. I reload and cast bullets for most all of the calibers I enjoy shooting, including rifle calibers. I bought rimfire ammo whenever it was priced right and I have accumulated a substantial quantity. I maintain a baseline of primers and powder, and I replenish what I use up over that baseline when things calm down. More recently, however, I have helped a couple of my shooting partners who were not as well prepared for the shortage, by giving them components that they had run out of, because of the crisis. Eventually, this too will blow over, the firearms industry, for the most part, is head and shoulders above most industries in the way they treat customers and shooters are some of the finest people I've ever known, it's a sport that deserves to live on.

Good luck,
Steve
The Following 2 Users Like Post: