View Single Post

Old 06-23-2013, 03:14 PM

Liked 2,079 Times in 324 Posts
Default Most painful recovery from surgery ever!

Here is my bit of wisdom - Never take the new issue of Handguns or Guns & Ammo into the john again. I just had a Hemorrhoidectomy and OMG the pain of recovery is unbelievable. I am fairly healthy, run twice a week, lost weight, changed the diet but still had issues. I thought having a kidney stone was bad but this is worse. I walk like a 200 year old man, can't stand or sit without help and the pain was ridiculous. In today's day and age you think they would have some wonder drug but even Codeine doesn't help.

I hope this fixes any issues because I will never have this done again. To top it all off it was two days before my birthday. I got to celebrate by sitting on a rubber donut laced up with pain killers and praying for a meteor to strike me dead.

Six days later I am slowly getting better. I am off the pain pills but I don't go far from my sitz bath or donut!

Gah, this sucks. Take my advice - get in and get out and don't linger otherwise you will join me in the pain of recovery.

Hope I didn't gross anybody out. I am feeling better and wanted to rant. Since this is my favorite board I figure why not.
Thanks for listening.
The Following User Likes This Post: