View Single Post

Old 06-29-2013, 11:15 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,500 Times in 2,070 Posts

I've got an old police trade in 92FS that I picked up a couple of years ago for $350 with one mag. It has just a little holster wear and is in very good mechanical conditional. The reason I got it at the time were 9mm ammo was cheap and available, high cap mags were cheap and available, and parts are plentiful. I bought a box containing 48 new 15 round mags for $5.00 ea., sold half of them for $10.00 each and kept the rest. This is my lawn mowing/hiking/ 4 wheeling gun. I carry it in a G.I. holster on a web belt with two extra mags. I've never had a hiccup with this gun and have put several hundred rounds through it. It lives in the desk drawer next to my computer when I'm not packing it. I carry 147 grain hollow points in it but it will shoot just about anything I put in it. My other two Berettas and .25 caliber with tip up barrels. One was "borrowed" by my son and the other occasionally sees bug duty. Keep them clean and fed with good ammo and both are very reliable. If I happen to trip over one of the 380's for a good price I'll probably own one.