View Single Post

Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 AM

Liked 13,218 Times in 3,271 Posts

I'm not sure why it is, but I have to have two phone numbers programed into my cell phone to call home. One with the area code, and one without. Which number I use depends on where I am. And it seems to move around. The only way I can tell is to try one, and wait for the message "You must dial the area code to complete this call" (or something like that.) Yes, it's the same area code as we have at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2152hq View Post
I just don't call anybody..
That's pretty much what I do. And nobody calls me. If my phone rings I'm comfortable ignoring it and assuming it's a wrong number or some "Stand by for an important message" which is followed by a "click" as I hangup. I got a "smart" phone a couple of years ago for some reason. I got a plan with 450 minutes. When the contract ran out a few days ago, I'd averaged less than ten a month. Fewer than a half dozen people had the number. I had to write it on the back of the phone so I could remember it. It would have been a total waste of money except that I had gotten an unlimited data plan and could read the Smith & Wesson board from it, and I downloaded the Sirius XM radio app, and used it for a radio.

When the contract expired, it all went away. I bought a track-phone.
John 3:16 .