View Single Post

Old 07-02-2013, 03:44 PM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
I own both a M&P15, a DDM4v7lw and a Colt M4 with a lw barrel. I consider them all quality firearms.

When was Colt's TDP finalized or updated? Is it not possible that some other manufacturer may build a clone that in fact deviates from the TDP in some way that is superior/better because of current technology? I am thinking of Daniel Defense's MFR or S&W's 5R barrel with melonite treatment, etc. Is a lw barrel a detrement when one does not have full auto capability?

I do not think the Military always has the latest and greatest. I read something written by a retired Army officer that it took 40 years to come up with a reliable magazine for the M16. In my opinion the TDP or Mil Spec should be a starting point, not an ending point in the evolution of the wonderful AR-15 platform.
It possible that some new technology is better. But to make sure it really is better they would have to issue the new rifles to X amount of soldiers and have them run it hard in all conditions. Maybe sand storms reek havoc on melonite barrels (just saying).

Just cause a bunch of guys get good results shooting prerie dogs with hand loads or the guy screaming "i shot 500 rounds in one year and everything was flawless" doesnt mean anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2