Thread: Chattanooga
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Liked 17,296 Times in 6,647 Posts
Default Chattanooga

As those of you who read and replied to my previous Tennessee thread know, my wife and I are going to Memphis and Nashville as part of our southern vacation next month.

Out of the clear blue a friend of mine sent me an email suggesting that Chattanooga as a possible relocation site. He sited a lot of positives about the area, most of which I sort of knew.

It wasn't on our itinerary, but since we'll be driving back from the Gulf Coast of Alabama, we'll be going right through it. Depending on when we get there, we'll stop for lunch or maybe dinner. I don't think we'll do an overnight there, but who knows?

Anyway, I was looking on Zillow at real estate in the area and then looking at zip codes Hixson seems to be one of the nicer areas. I don't know enough about the area to figure out if Hixson is a neighborhood or a separate town.

I know that we have at least one member from the area and probably others. So, if anyone can give me an idea about nicer neighborhoods in the area and ones to avoid, I'd appreciate it.

This is still preliminary, but TN is just looking better and better in general the more I look. House prices seem very reasonable, the weather in most of the state is close to what we're looking for, low taxes, firearms friendly.

Thanks.