Thread: Chattanooga
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 PM
US Veteran

Liked 308 Times in 108 Posts

I live in Bradley County, 20 miles North of Chattanooga. I've been here since 1988. I moved here accidentally, fell in love with the area and put down roots. It is the best decision I've ever made. The country around here is fantastic, boating, whitewater, hiking, rock climbing, vintage train rides and some of the nicest people you could ask for.
I'm not familiar too much with the actual Chattanooga area, but Hixson is a growing place, nice area but unless you have your heart set on living in the city please check out Bradley County. Cost of living is more than reasonable, power is cheap (thank you TVA), and this is a booming area.
I'd love to meet you and your Wife for lunch or dinner on your visit. I'll PM you with contact number, don't hesitate to call.
You will not regret moving here. I travelled all over the states in my younger days, and as stated ended up here by accident, but wanted to have my Son start and finish school in the same system. I would never consider leaving now. This is home.
As far as gang activity, name a city that hasn't been touched by it. If you want trouble, you can find it wherever you go. We don't have armed gangs of 'you'ts' running loose, but if you live the lifestyle they are active in, then you'd best expect that behavior. Most of the violence here is drug related and confined to the rival gangs, very few 'non-combatants' get involved. It is not a worry.
Plese call, I'd love to get together.
Russ Donegan