View Single Post

Old 07-06-2013, 07:07 PM

Liked 3,205 Times in 1,083 Posts

Well......since this thread garnered so very few posts when I first started it, I kinda forgot all about it. Purchased 1000 rounds at a price that was then comparable (actually a hair more) to what genuine Lake City was at the time.

At first we paid for the ammunition and waited....and waited....and waited......then came word that their machine that loads 5.56 x 45 was broken......then they were waiting on primers......then powder. It almost got to the point it was comical. We (myself and the other deputies that pooled our money) started to joke about it almost daily. We started calling it "vapor ammo" after vaporware. We FINALLY got the ammunition. It became apparent we had been sold reloads. Not going to blame the company, I should have been more vigilant and verified they were nto reloads, but what the heck.

When we finally got the ammunition we were all a little surprised. To say the projectile is seated a LITTLE HIGH is an understatement. You can actually see all of the cannelure. I think the projectile is crimped BELOW the cannelure. Several of the guys had problems with the rounds feeding and chambering. A couple of jams as well. Brass was clean and shiney, they definitely tumbled it.

Overall, I would not purchase from them again. The entire deal was shady to say the least, and in the end it was not a quality product. I was a little thrown off when the ammo arrived in boxes originally printed for pistol ammo, but with the pistol labels covered with stickers. Just not really a savvy packaging deal going on. I don't know what I'm going to do with what I have left over. I can't really shoot it, and I won't sell it to anyone. Even if they offered to replace it, I'm not sure what it will get replaced with will be a quality product.

I have visited their website a few times in the interim, but sometimes it is up and functioning and other times it isn't available. Kinda gives it a "fly-by-night" company reputation.

My advice, given my experience, would be to stay away from them.

Last edited by 4506517; 07-06-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Structure
The Following User Likes This Post: