View Single Post

Old 07-08-2013, 12:53 PM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRet View Post
A .32 Long revolver will NOT chamber and fire .32 Magnum ammo
I don't like the answer. Be careful of what you suggest or tell others. What you've said is generally true of S&W and probably Colt revolvers. The problem is many aren't real good at identifying the gun they have. The off brand makers, both domestic and foreign tried their best to make their junk look like and American premium made gun. Over the years I've seen a bunch of guns with "32 Smith & Wesson" (or western). Often as not, those guns have a bored through cylinder that will take anything. And then we have the issue of gunsmiths. You know the guy, he drinks beer on the porch, fixes his car under the tree out back, and will work on any gun brought to him.

I recently purchased a fine specimen of a 38/44 Heavy Duty. The cylinder is bored. The only reason I can think of for doing that is so it will shoot 357s. Not being particularly smart, I'd guess its probably safe given the size of the metal cylinder and the wimpy 357 loadings they're making today. But I won't bother doing that.

I'd like to buy a sample or two of the 32 magnums. Just to see how they chamber in some of the guns I have. The most interesting would be stuffing them in a 32-20. Who knows? You've got lots of room for expansion....