View Single Post

Old 07-09-2013, 07:41 PM

Liked 73 Times in 43 Posts

I just picked up my P290RS...first impressions without shooting it are...

Feels nice to my hand for a small 9mm pistol...grips are grippy ...sights are SiGs usual (well Meprolights anyway) excellent white dots during the day and green glowing at night...the trigger felt better after just a bit of dry firing and a touch of lube (after cleaning the pistol)...the little finger step on the 6 round mag is just right for me...and I've got fairly big hands with long fingers...I like the very positive feel and ejection with force of the magazine release...I chose the Nitron version as I have had good luck with this finish and bristle at the thought of paying more for the slide with no finish even if I like 2 Tone pistols... (sure I know the plane stainless needs some work the Nitron might cover up and that's the reason for the cost but hey...still...)

I'm really hoping this is a winner and I don't regret passing on the Shield (as a SouthPaw I drew the line with the slide safety...Murphy's Law and all)...or the XDs...a bit more money than the P290RS or the Shield...as well as some added weight and size by comparison...

Good luck with your choice...

Bill

Last edited by silversport; 07-09-2013 at 08:23 PM.