View Single Post

Old 07-09-2013, 09:26 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

I voted for the Beretta because it's most likely to have repair faciities in your area and spare parts may be more available. The slide also operates easier than Browning or Petter style locked breeches if a weaker person ever has to use the gun.

My second, very close, choice is the CZ-75B. I really doubt he'd go wrong with either.

But if this is an ex-Marine who doesn't have extensive interest in guns, that's even more reason to choose the Beretta M-92FS or the M-9.

I suggest Federal's HST 124 grain JHP or Speer's 124 grain Gold Dot ammo for defense. That 's what goes in my Beretta and in my son's and his other 9mm's.

Do not buy a PX-4 without seeing if the trigger rides so high that it touches the trigger finger too low. The tip of my finger is right on the tip/end of the trigger, not higher up, as it should be.

Other 9mm's I'd use are not on your list, and only the Beretta and the CZ meet my standards.

These guns do need some hand size and the ability to reach the trigger well in DA mode.

Last edited by Texas Star; 07-09-2013 at 09:51 PM.