View Single Post

Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 PM

Liked 252 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
The slide also operates easier than Browning or Petter style locked breeches if a weaker person ever has to use the gun.
I recently bought my first Beretta 92F and was amazed at how easy and smooth the slide was to rack—this could be an essential feature. If the desire was for a DA/SA with a decocker I'd pick the 92F. It's big, but I've got small hands and have no issues manipulating any of the controls. I swapped the hammer spring out for a D spring and both DA and SA trigger pulls improved (especially the DA pull).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
My second, very close, choice is the CZ-75B. I really doubt he'd go wrong with either.
Agreed—I've owned three CZ-75s: an original 1980s Pre-B, an SP01 and a Shadow. The latter two would be a challenge to carry (although the SP01 is nice with factory night sights and light but not too light SA pull and rail if a light or laser was desired). This or a 75B or even Pre-B would be my choice if the desire was for a pistol that could be cocked and locked.

I also like the SIG P226 a whole lot--they go for around $700 used but in good shape here; what would be pricing in your neck of the woods?

Last edited by Dragonfly; 07-09-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Added P226 info