View Single Post

Old 07-11-2013, 10:06 AM

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts

I've also read that cases should not be cleaned before sizing, but I've tried both ways and can't feel any difference when reloading on the LNL progressive. Others have said it is easier to seat the bullet when cases are still dirty inside because the burnt carbon acts as a lubricant. Again I've tried both ways and can't tell any difference.

One difference I do see is uncleaned or non-wet cleaned cases leave a lot more residue on the shell holder plate and the base plate of the LNL. The Hornady LNL press is very picky about debris getting in or around the primer punch. Just a little dirt can lock up the press and you have to take shell holder off, remove the primer slide and clean all the debris out. It's not a big deal, but it is annoying. That almost never happens if the cases have been wet cleaned.

I used to use a vibratory cleaner and I didn't like the noise and dust it created. The dust built up over time and was a real pain to clean because it got every where. Also trying reload or work next to a vibratory cleaner was another pain. I started wearing ear protection.

I like brass that looks brand new. I understand it is not necessary, but I like it anyway. It's kinda like a clean car. A dirty car runs just a good as a clean car, but I like a clean car better.