View Single Post

Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM

Liked 464 Times in 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champehg View Post
The NRA is just as guilty of using scare tactics to get donations and ask for just as many as does the NAGR.
Also I can't find out the salary for Dudley Brown but I discovered the Wayne Lapiere is paid $920,000. That seems a little excessive for an organization that sends out letters a few times a month asking for donations.
I don't think he should work for nothing but come on.
I certainly understand that feeling, seems a big gap when I'm being hit up for money as well, but I encourage everyone (myself included) to look at it as a hiring decision and in that light the $920K isn't excessive at all. The NRA is one of the largest lobbying organizations and membership organizations in the nation along with being a massive entity involved in non-profit shooting sports promotions and support of all kinds from college rifle teams to gun range development.

That entity is on par with a major Fortune 50/100 company at least, with far more public involvement and leadership required. those are the companies you're competing with when you go out to hire a CEO, and the CEOs at those companies make a lot more than $920K. A person with his qualifications can get a job for a great deal more money than he's taking at NRA, and anyone else we'd want in the job could easily command a larger salary as well.

The free market determines the price, and that's the price men of his experience and ability command. I look at it just the opposite, I don't want the NRA underpaying and getting less than the best leading the organization.

Yes that takes up my NRA money and a whole lot of other folks', but you get what you pay for and we're up against politically capable, well financed enemies. Spend the money, get the people you need and don't fight with one hand behind your back.