View Single Post

Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I’ve had the 290RS for about 8 months. I actually stumbled across it out looking for a small carry with the wife. We looked at the 938, 238, LCR, LCP, Nano, CM9, and couldn’t find the Unicorn that is the Shield. The first thing that grabbed us was how well it fit and felt in the hand. Having and SR9c the DAO trigger was very awkward at first, but the fit and feel and positive reviews for the RS version made it easy to take the plunge. It is a very well made pistol and we loved the night sights. Now my one and only gripe would be the take down of the 290. Once I figured it out it was a breeze for me, but for the wife that's a different story. But after the first range trip and taking the time to learn the DAO trigger it is a great shooting pistol. We have 500rds down the pipe and not a single issue. I do know that Galloway Precision is working with RTK triggers for an even smoother, shorter, and lighter pulling trigger kit. And after speaking with both of them, it sounds very promising. Nothing wrong with the way it is now once you learn the DAO, but anything has room for improvement. MTF on that as I will give it a shot. I can whole heartedly recommend the 290RS for a small carry pistol.