View Single Post

Old 07-20-2013, 09:57 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermo View Post
I'd like to learn more about the difference between M&P and Glock trigger mechanisms. Supposedly, the Glock striker is only half cocked and then fully cocked by the trigger, not the slide.
This is another reason I made this vid. An acquaintance made the comment that the M&P was a copy of the Glock. Nothing could be further from the truth.

While the Glock is equally simple, the only thing they have in common is the striker. The trigger bar, sear and how they work is different. It's more difficult to demonstrate and I don't have a Glock anymore so, I can't make a video of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermo View Post
Also, the FMK 9C1 supposedly has a true DA striker fire system. This sounds interesting. Wonder how that works.
I'm not familiar with this gun, sorry.

As far as the full auto thing is concerned, I guess it could happen. There might be enough momentum from the slide to fire the next round automatically. That is indeed probably part of the design. I'm not convinced it would work though and I certainly won't tell anyone that it would.

Further, it would be a stupid idea in a gun like this. In full auto the mag would be empty in less than 2 seconds and it would be almost uncontrollable. Completely useless.