View Single Post

Old 07-23-2013, 10:05 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kent View Post
Being patient is a virtue for both yourself and the custom gunsmith when you send quality guns to be worked on by any of the better known masters of the trade. I have over the last 44 years had any number of guns worked on, modified or customized and have found it is better for both myself and the gunsmith to not be in a hurry. One of my closest friends who is both a master tool and die maker as well as a very accomplished 'smith will not even take work that does not interest him or from guys who "pester" him to hurry and get their work done. I agree with my friend Shawn and Muddyboot in their posts above.
Here's an update:
Shortly after my last post, I got an email from the Chicoines telling me the repair would be done by the end of August. Based on that latest stall stactic and some other information, I decided to cut my losses and get that gun back. I replied that I wanted my Grandad's gun back NOW, along with any parts I had paid for, and that the choice was theirs to ship it in pieces or as a completed repair.

Good news is the gun arrived home today with the repair completed, and seems to be of the quality I had hoped for. I'll leave it to you to decide for yourself if more patience would have worked better in this particular fact situation . . . . .
The Following 2 Users Like Post: