View Single Post

Old 07-24-2013, 08:52 AM

Liked 139 Times in 67 Posts
Default Shield/Kahr 40

I`ve owned a P40(several) for lots of years. The reason there were several is because something(always) happened and they were replaced. Just received a brand new unit from Kahr in April. They are problematic but service is great. Bought a Shield 40 in March and although it was a little problematic(failures to ignite primer...3 trips to S&W, last trip replaced the slide and barrel) it appears to have now licked the problem. Don`t get me wrong, being a little 'problematic' is a Big P.I.A. particularly knowing you just bought a new gun and it fails to fire so to erase that "will it or won`t it" problem you have a large expenditure of ammo to make sure its right after a series of trips to S&W.But...in your comparison the Shield is shorter in the grip than a P/CW model even with a flat base mag in the Kahr...better for pocket carry. The Shield appears to be a little more accurate also and finally the Shield has a lifetime warranty vs Kahr with 5 years. I vote for the Shield after "much ado". John
The Following 2 Users Like Post: