View Single Post

Old 07-24-2013, 11:23 AM

Liked 143 Times in 72 Posts

Let me begin by being upfront that I am a huge fan of Kahrs. My CCW of choice is my PM9. Never yet had an issue past the break-in period and dead-on accurate to distances that make my head spin for such a tiny gun. The issue most frequently encountered with those considering a Kahr is whether they like the DAO trigger. This is a huge personal preference issue and obviously I love the Kahr triggers. Much more so than my M&P 40C that has had trigger work.

The differences in trigger aside, the 3 main advantages I see for the Shield are that as others have said it is much easier to field strip. Secondly, I believe the Shield will manage the recoil a bit better than a Kahr. Lastly, the lifetime warranty.

Accuracy matters to me and in my experience the Kahrs are tough to beat by any competitor accuracy-wise if you like their triggers. I have found the Kahrs to be extremely durable and reliable. I also never have to worry about the finish on them being compromised by the environment they are carried in.

The bottom line to me is that either way you can't go wrong and so many items of comparison are purely subjective and a matter of personal preference. When I hold a Kahr in my hand I feel I'm holding a quality firearm that is machined to very tight tolerances and will be more accurate than I will ever be. Plus, did I already mention I love the Kahr triggers?

Anyway, my choice would be the Kahr but I would never, ever turn my nose up at a Shield either.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: