View Single Post

Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spg1 View Post
I put 50 rounds through my HK USP 9mm. Every 4th or 5th round failed to cycle properly. I will never use buy it again. I haven't tried it in any other type of pistol or tried any other caliber.

This is a followup to my first post on Percision One 9 mm. In my first post I should have stated the problem I encountered more clearly. What I actually meant was that about 20 to 25% of the rounds from the first box failed to cycle properly. All of the rounds fired but about 20 to 25% failed to fully eject. The problem was sporadic. One magazine might only have one or two failures while the next might have three.

I finally made it back to the range. I had purchased two boxes of Precision One 9 mm from the same store on the same day and I had used one of the boxes on my first trip to the range. Today I took the second box of Precision One, and also boxes of Fiocchi, Fedral, and PMC to try in my HK USP 9 mm.

I again encountered the failure to eject fully problem with the Precision One with about 20% of the rounds. Unfortunately I didn't keep a precise round count.

What about the other brands?
Federal: No problems.
Fiocchi: No problems.
PMC: No problems.

Since I didn't encounter any problems with the Federal, Fiocchi, and PMC I don't think the problem is limp wristing.

Maybe I got two boxes of Precision One from a bad batch. Maybe Precision One doesn't work well in my HK USP 9 mm. It is a pistol with a low round count, maybe that makes a difference. After 2000 or 3000 rounds maybe it would work. I don't have a definite explanation for the problem I encountered.

I have not tried any other calibers of ammo from Precision One and I have only fired it in my HK. Maybe it would work in some other brand of pistol.
The Following User Likes This Post: