View Single Post

Old 07-29-2013, 08:43 PM

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spg1 View Post
This is a followup to my first post on Percision One 9 mm. In my first post I should have stated the problem I encountered more clearly. What I actually meant was that about 20 to 25% of the rounds from the first box failed to cycle properly. All of the rounds fired but about 20 to 25% failed to fully eject. The problem was sporadic. One magazine might only have one or two failures while the next might have three.

I finally made it back to the range. I had purchased two boxes of Precision One 9 mm from the same store on the same day and I had used one of the boxes on my first trip to the range. Today I took the second box of Precision One, and also boxes of Fiocchi, Fedral, and PMC to try in my HK USP 9 mm.

I again encountered the failure to eject fully problem with the Precision One with about 20% of the rounds. Unfortunately I didn't keep a precise round count.

What about the other brands?
Federal: No problems.
Fiocchi: No problems.
PMC: No problems.

Since I didn't encounter any problems with the Federal, Fiocchi, and PMC I don't think the problem is limp wristing.

Maybe I got two boxes of Precision One from a bad batch. Maybe Precision One doesn't work well in my HK USP 9 mm. It is a pistol with a low round count, maybe that makes a difference. After 2000 or 3000 rounds maybe it would work. I don't have a definite explanation for the problem I encountered.

I have not tried any other calibers of ammo from Precision One and I have only fired it in my HK. Maybe it would work in some other brand of pistol.
Go to their website ,find their street address, Google Map it and look at the street view. - J