View Single Post

Old 07-30-2013, 01:37 AM

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkarrob View Post
Yes it should be around 3.5 to 3.75, or so. By using the Glock trigger spring, instead of the stock trigger spring, my pull weight dropped .5 pound. These guns are all a little different, and a trigger pull weight variation of .5 pound, between different guns, would not be unusual.

The Apex Duty/Carry trigger kit (DCAEK) comes with a trigger spring and two different sized sear springs. The difference between the sear springs is diameter, not tension. All the D/C springs have more tension/pressure, than the stock springs. By using the Apex springs the trigger pull should be 5 to 5.5 pounds. By keeping the stock springs the trigger pull weight would drop about 1 pound, 4 to 4.5 pounds.

Apparently Apex feels a carry gun should not have a light pull. I agree with that for an inexperienced/new shooter, or someone that does not practice often, with the lighter trigger pull. My Shield has a 3 pound 10-12 ounce pull, which is perfect for me. I found this recent article on light trigger pulls, for carry guns, on the Guns & Ammo website.

Should Your Concealed Carry Gun Have a Light Trigger? - Handguns

Bob
I'm well familiar with the debate of light trigger lbs for ccw as I've carried a 1911 for years with a 3.75lb trigger. I personally love it. That's been my main issue with converting my edc gun to the shield. So basically it looks like I want the apex sear and striker block. From the kit. But I'll use all stock spring except for the trigger spring. That I want the glock 26 spring correct?