View Single Post

Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM

Liked 599 Times in 341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vytoland View Post
if your desire is a greater salary...........

increase your skills
increase your education/knowledge
increase your experience
improve your appearance and attitude
This is what I did, I did not like my job. So I decided to do something about it, because no one else was going to do it for me. I went back to school. I worked hard at my courses and at a full time job. I made good grades and graduated with an internship with the FED under my belt and some new found knowledge and experience. I learned the skills I needed so I could advance my self after school. I kept a positive attitude while I looked for a position in my newly chosen career path, It took just over a year. In those days my wife and I made sacrafices we went with out alot, we still do. But with my wifes support, Gods help and alot of hard work I am a better person for it. I am happy it just wasn't handed to me.

Why other people my own age don't do this I do not know. It was difficult maybe thats why. But when I hear people say the Entitlement Generation I know with out a doubt I Fall out side of those lines.

And they want $15/hr for something any mamal with an exposable thumb can be trained to do, and remember some one had to train them how to do it too.

If they get the raise, what will the motivation for advancement be? What will drive them to become better employees, better co-workers, and better individuals?

Sorry for the rant, hope I stayed on topic. This kind of stuff pisses me off royal.

RTT.

Last edited by Rintimtin; 07-31-2013 at 07:46 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: