View Single Post

Old 08-04-2013, 12:05 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PILGRIM View Post
She has made and missed some long difficult shots with that old smokepole. It looks like its hasn't been cleaned since IKE was Prez. The M-N is known to be one of the toughest most accurate rifles in the world but- she really needs a scope! I'm a little embarrassed to tell you that I have several top notch scopes that I haven't used in years. She's up there trying to feed her family with those God awful ancient iron sights.
The other folks on that show all have new looking scoped rifles and handguns. The other lady Sue has a selection hanging on pegs by the slings. Never have quite figured out exactly what her story is. She lives in what seems to be an old comm site, radar site, mining location? She hunts for food but is able to pay extortion rates to have fuel flown in.
I am amazed at the dedication the other couple has to their dogs. It takes a lot of fish to feed that many dogs. And a lot of work to get that fish.
Fins tend to have better sights. Im wondering if she's using hunting ammo or standard surplus fmj. Surplus quality and consistency will vary from lot to lot and country to country but it is cheap(er). Roughly $100/440 rounds. Still though, those are far shots she takes ...and that wolf on the run!!!

The other lady lives in a working station used by scientists to study weather and the nearby forest. Its privately funded, sh's just a caretaker. Btw you can rent a room there by the day/week, with shower or without, with food or without

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2