View Single Post

Old 08-06-2013, 01:38 PM

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
If there were enough inertia to move the trigger bar, wouldn't it also move the thing on the trigger thus disengaging the safety?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMAssociates View Post
Atticaz:

The drop safety is intended to keep the striker from moving if it dislodges from the sear somehow. I don't see how the trigger safety - either the S&W or Glock version - has any effect on that.

It's purpose seems to be to keep you from fully depressing the trigger, and while the design, in a striker-fired weapon, is going to help keep the trigger bar (as in the M&P) from moving the striker block by itself, I don't see the contribution.

'Course, I'm always willing to listen ....

Regards,
If the trigger safety isn't disengaged then the trigger can't be pulled to move the trigger bar. Conversely, the trigger bar can't move unless the trigger safety is disengaged.

So if you think about that in the terms of a drop test and a failed or malfunctioning striker block, the trigger safety will still prevent the trigger bar from moving and the striker from being released. I suppose there is some formula in spring weight to safety weight that prevents the safety itself from inertial movement.

Last edited by tonyxcom; 08-06-2013 at 01:41 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: