View Single Post

Old 08-14-2013, 07:00 PM
US Veteran

Liked 928 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesse_r View Post
I have used Yahoo email service for over 15 years now and until recently I was highly satisfied with it and recommended it to several others. A few months back they forced everyone to switch to their “new email service”. Ever since then my e-mail service has be terrible. I still receive emails, but other features only work sometimes and take forever to work if they do work. I am talking about basic things like reply to sender, forward, and even the new mail functions frequently no longer work.

Part of the problem may be that I live in an area without high speed internet service, so I still use the old dial up system over phone lines. Still these functions used to work on their old system and did so very well for over 15 years.

Now I am in the process of switching to G-mail which does not have the same quality of sophistication as did the old Yahoo e-mail system, but the basic features of G-mail system work and does so consistently, and without a ten or fifteen minute wait for a page to open.

Anyone else having this experience?
Its no faster with cable. Plus now sometimes when I click on "sent" I'll find myself looking at "spam" or "trash" or vice versa. WHY do they keep trying to fix something that isn't broke, and break it in the process?