View Single Post

Old 08-15-2013, 08:45 PM

Liked 1,431 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkarrob View Post
One other thing I have not mentioned. The 9mm to 40 swap is a better swap, than the 40 to 9mm. The reason is by grinding the barrel to fit in the 9mm slide, you are making it a perfect fit, no extra side to side clearance. You end up with the same clearance as with the original 9mm barrel.

With the 40 to 9mm swap, the barrel is drop in, as the 9mm tang width is .025 inch more narrow than the 40 barrel tang width. The normal tang width to slide slot clearance is .004 inch per side. Since the 9mm barrel has extra side to side clearance of .012 per side, the total side to side clearance for the 9mm barrel in the 40 slide would be around .016 inch, as opposed to the stock clearance of .004 inch per side. Those of us that have made the 40 to 9mm swap have found no problems with that extra side to side clearance. No effect to any function of the gun, including accuracy.

Bob
Yep, accuracy from the 40 converted to 9mm surely hasnt been a problem. Me and the ole lady both seem to shoot our converted .40 to 9mm better than we actually shot the factory 9mm. Weird how that works, but I guess the guns differ in trigger pull slightly and thats probably the main reason.