Thread: 40 round pmags
View Single Post

Old 08-18-2013, 04:04 PM

Liked 1,431 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0reo View Post
I just don't see the niche these are supposed to fit in. I mean, to me they look long and cumbersome. The 30rd are long enough and if you really just gotta have capacity there are the 60rd & 100rd quad-stack mags.

I'd pass on these and buy the 20s & 30s all day every day. Jmho.
Exactly how i see it. We have 30's and we already have the ability to extend the 30's into 48's. So why do we need a 40? Its good that Magpul hs come up with something new. But i just dont think it was the "new" that the market needed. They will sell without doubt, but they will sell because of the name. They wont be selling (so to speak) as the need of the market. I like to compare them to new iPhones every year, lol. They sell because of the name, not because they are needed. We already have products that fit the criteria.

With that being said. I tested my 40rd out over the weekend. It works flawless as with any other Pmag. But unfortunately, its long and i already have "long" Pmags with 48rds. So this one didnt fit my needs. I gave it to a new guy at the range who has just gotten into the AR15. He was very happy to have a reliable mag. And I was happy to know that i could help out a future shooter of our beloved sport.