Thread: 40 round pmags
View Single Post

Old 08-18-2013, 05:32 PM

Liked 1,431 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinney47 View Post
30 rd pmag is $15, 18 round extension is another $30 for a total of $45. You have to be careful of tightening the screws on the extender, there are many reports of it cracking (it's not as durable as an all magpul Pmag), and it extends out several inches the length of the mag.

I'll take the 40 round pmag over that anyday, and can have 2 of them for that price.

That's the niche it fills.
Wow the price on those extensions have sure gone up over time. I paid around $12 for mine locally back when they came out and i've found a few for under $20 since then. And honestly, ive never had a problem with them after all the excessive use i have given them. I'm sure as with many other products, they do have problems that occur with some user or with specific batches. After all, we live in a world where nothing is perfect.

To each his own, but there are others that believe the same thing. Magpul didnt bring much, they just upgraded the old. Kind of like the iPhone from last year compared to this year, lol.

All in all they Pmags are great products, no doubt about that. So my question.......Why did they stop at 40rds. Why not just make a 100rd Pmag and be done with it. I believe the answer is 50rd will be an upgrade from 40rd (and people will buy it, because its Magpul). 60rd will be an upgrade from 50rd and so on (and people will buy it because its Magpul). Why sell a huge high capacity mag. When u could sell a bunch of upgraded mags over time? Very good business startegy. Just look at Apple for example.