Thread: Shield vs XDs
View Single Post

Old 08-22-2013, 12:07 PM

Liked 366 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkbyfaith View Post
I had both the Shield 40 and the xds 9mm, and I opted for the shield. I did not get to shoot the xds, I figured it would be easier to sell for what I purchased it for if I didnt shoot it, but the shield just felt a lot more comfortable in my hand. Changing the backstrap on the xds was a pain for sure, and was a little more comfortable with the smaller backstrap, but the gun just felt too square for me. The shield trigger is really nice, has a crisp break and reset, but I prefer the trigger on the xds. Its more predictable than the shield is, and has a shorter reset. I also prefer the sights on the xds, very tight, not a lot of play, and very visible with the fiber optic sight. Lastly I did like the fact that the xds had a rail on it for attaching a light if I wanted to.
But the comfort was the most important to me, the gun needs to be comfortable. So on my list for my shield is upgrading the sights and trigger, then I have what I want. I can live without a rail, I have a FS for that anyways.
Rgoodwin- the trigger is nice on the shield, and I am sure with more rounds through it, it will get better. Nice break, and reset. Wont regret it if you got one, I really like mine. Plus ergonomics feel great!
You bought the XDS and never shot it? I would of tried it out before making a final decision. The 45acp XDS I have is comfortable while shooting and it has to recoil more than the 9mm version.