View Single Post

Old 08-22-2013, 11:47 PM

Liked 641 Times in 283 Posts
Default WWII Veteran Killed in Spokane. WA

Fox News just reported that a WWII Veteran who was awarded the Purple Heart after being wounded on Okinawa was fatally beaten while sitting in his vehicle outside the Fraternal Order of Eagles clubhouse in Spokane. Police say that Delbert Belton was found by officers and transported to a local hospital where he died this morning. Authorities are searching for two young men ages 16 and 19 who were seen in a security video in the area.

I have a deep and abiding respect of the highest order for those Great American Heroes whose service in WWII literally saved our nation and the world from the unspeakably evil Axis Powers. With these Great Americans leaving us more and more each day it breaks my heart to see one of them lose his life in such a senseless, cruel fashion. Regarding the human excrement who perpetrated this vile act of animal savagery, I just can't say what I am thinking as it would surely get me barred from this wonderful forum. My prayers are with Mr. Belton, his loved ones and friends and may God have mercy on us for allowing our society to sink to the depths we are currently experiencing all too often today.