Thread: Shield vs XDs
View Single Post

Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 PM

Liked 1,431 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguyshoot View Post
Exactly what happened to me. Bought the XDS 45 recently and it had light strikes and failed to return to battery off and on.

Oh - and once loaded it is a very very (very!) heavy gun for its size. Couldn't sell mine fast enough, and I wouldn't buy another one amd trust my life to it if they were selling them for $1.

My Shield so far had been flawless. And it's accurate, thin, and while still on the heavy side for pocket carry, rides effortlessly at the waist or is of unnoticed weight in a shoulder bag.
Dont feel bad, my little brother did the same with his XDS. He shot my Shield .40 the first time and his XDS went up for sale. I found him a Shield .40 a week later and gave him a 9mm conversion barrel to go with. He's never been happier.

I went out and bought an XDS9 when they came out. Shot it a few, gave it to my ole lady to try out. She didnt like it, and neither did i that much. So i sold the XDS9 and found her a Shield in .40. I gave her the last 9mm conversion barrel I had for it. She's never been happier either.

So in the end we all 3 have a Shield .40 converted to 9mm. And now you couldnt give either of us an XDS after owning them both.