Thread: Shield vs XDs
View Single Post

Old 08-24-2013, 04:31 PM

Liked 366 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobzGuns View Post
I also thought that with the XDS9 being 4oz heavier than the Shield, that the recoil would feel nicer, but when I shot the XDS9 side-by-side with my PF-9, Shield, G26 and my friend's LC9, the XDS9 (to me) felt more like the snappy PF-9 and LC9, where the Shield felt more like the smooth shooting G26. I tried the XDS9 again on my next outing just by itself and had to put it down after 25 rounds. My hand was starting to feel it. My Shield... I can shoot all day without my arthritic wrist feeling it.

I know... It's all subjective, but being a fan of the XD Line (and the Shield being the only M&P I actually liked), when the XDS9 came out, I was all ready to pounce on one, but after shooting them side-by-side, I decided to save my money and stick with the Shield.
It is very subjective. I had a PF-9 and G26, but as far as slim carry guns go, the PF9 was as snappy as they get, but nowhere near my XDS45.

I actually feel the XDS45 has less recoil with a 2 finger grip than a full metal Officer or Defender size 1911 in 45acp. I'm surprised to hear that the heavier, yet similar sized 9mm XDS is as bad as the PF9. I really need to find one to rent and test it out myself.