View Single Post

Old 08-26-2013, 05:05 PM

Liked 26,378 Times in 9,144 Posts

Ohio is also a state that written permission is required to carry in church. The church that I attend has issued permission to a few people only. There have been a number of ccw permitted, but without church permission people carrying at church. I explain to them that is a low level felony, and the courts in our county will have them jailed! Our church will have a number of us attending a security seminar in the middle of September to further train and develop our church's security. In my opinion the first step to church or Church security is always going to be prayer! Informed and trained teams or armed guards are a long way down the list compared to angels sent from on high. That being said, I am armed at church (as always). My son is the head of the church's security program, and this is a high priority in the leadership's thoughts and plans. However, terrorists and robbers are not the greatest threat we face. Our greatest concerns are that our small children would be the targets of predators or abducted by non-custodial family members. We are always looking for better ways to insure the safety of these most innocent of our members. Restricted access seems to be the best first defense, but is very hard to maintain in our current building. Ivan