View Single Post

Old 08-28-2013, 03:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Thompson 1927-A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerguy53 View Post
I've always wanted a Thompson sub-machine gun in my collection, but the real, honest-to-Pete Tommy Guns are priced out of sight. Auto Ordnance makes a semi-auto Tommy Gun that, though expensive, is priced within reach, and I'm wondering if anybody here has any experience with one of these?

To be precise, I'm talking about the M1SB, which is the 10.5" barrel model that looks identical to the WWII M1 Thompson, but which is, of course, semi-auto only. It's priced at a tick under $2K, and requires the federal stamp...but it's the closest I can come to holding that particular piece of history in my hand.

I'm not looking for match-grade accuracy, and truth to tell, I probably won't even fire it much...but if I decide to buy it, I want it to be reliable and well-crafted.

What are your thoughts, folks? Should I scratch this itch? Thanks for your input...
My father might have a 1927-A1 45 cal. thompson that he purchased 30 years ago. If your still in the market send me an email to [email protected]