View Single Post

Old 08-29-2013, 08:50 PM

Liked 1,577 Times in 400 Posts
Default Registered Magnum 'Pinto'

Hello All,

I knew as soon as I saw this beauty that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I could not let get away. It did not come with a Roy Jinks authentication letter, but the auction house confirmed with him (as have I) that everything about the gun is original except the grips, and that it was shipped in January of 1938. In the mean time, I have requested a letter for my records.

Notice that in addition to the cylinder, the ejector rod, thumb latch, and all pins and screws are also nickel. Also the special checkering on the trigger, hammer and backstrap. The barrel length is 8 3/4", and the sights are extra height front and rear. As for the grips, the gun originally came with Magnas which were replaced at some unknown time. I have conferred with Keith Brown about the current set, and he has no doubt that they are Ropers. Enjoy...

Bill

Last edited by wlp624; 12-08-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: added more pictures
The Following 127 Users Like Post:
-db-, 1Aspenhill, 27collector, 29aholic, 2hawk, 410bore, 4barrel, 625-7, 66Park, 71firebird400, A10, ancient-one, b.guggenmos, bamabiker, beagleye, Big Cholla, bigmoose, bill skebeck, blue71, bmg60, boykinlp, bracebeemer, Breakaway500, Brian in Oregon, bwade, Candrews86, chud333, Class III, Collects, Combat, COYOTEHUNTER, Dan M, davefromhere, DCWilson, digi-shots, Dillyp, Doc44, Donald Paul, ericherte, firemanhank, fletre, Frank46, gasaman, gdogs, Gimlet6, GPJohn, gripper, GunarSailors, H Richard, Harvie, heater1, hkcavalier, HKSmith, Hoosier45, ISCS Yoda, j38, jackpearl, JayCeeNC, Jdavis, Jebus35745, Jeffrey A. Cooper, jimslim, jinx, jjbrewst1, Joe Kent, jrs70, JSR III, K Frame Keith, Kansasgunner, keith44spl, kennicka, KFrameFan, Klaatu, koz5614, Lee's Landing Billy, LEO918, LoadedRound, long colt frazier, lowhog, m l mosley, MAG-NUM, marinevet, Mike McLellan, Mike, SC Hunter, mkk41, Modified, moosedog, mr-mom, mrcvs, mscook, Muley Gil, Nedroe, Ngtdog, nmayor, OIF2, oneounceload, Papabear1324, ParadiseRoad, Prodigal Son, pssman308, quinn, raljr1, rbswede, RKmesa, S&W45Colt, S&WIowegan, servmgr64, shawn mccarver, singleshot1, skilled, snake803, sophie, Straightshooter2, thomasinaz, Tkuisis, tlay, tom32, usedkid, Waywatcher, wbraswell, WCCPHD, weatherby, wetdog, wheelman44, Wiregrassguy, xray97, YogiBear