View Single Post

Old 09-01-2013, 04:29 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 45,773 Times in 4,820 Posts

When I originally purchased the 629, I was very much wanting to find out who engraved the gun. When I found the initials under the cylinder release, I initially thought that they were the initials "JWF", which happen to be Jeff Flannery's initials. So I shot Jeff an email with some photos to which he responded that he had not engraved the gun and that he does not sign his guns in that manner. In looking at the gun a little closer, the S&W emblem on the left side looked a lot like several of the factory engraved guns that I had seen over the years. I had my wife look at the initials and she said that it looked like "TWF" which took me down the trail that led me to meeting Mr. Freyburger.

Since the photos in this tread (thus far) all are of 44 Mags and since I thought the 629 was engraved by Jeff Flannery, here is another item of "man jewelry" in 44 Mag as engraved/inlaid by Mr. Flannery (I also think that he did the scrimshaw on the Ivory grips):

2152hq: BTW - although engraved guns may be "man jewelry", appropriately carved holsters are NOT "man purses" [I just cannot go there] - they are just beautiful holsters.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: