View Single Post

Old 09-02-2013, 01:05 PM

Liked 29,306 Times in 10,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag312 View Post
The People's Republic of California is Number 1, and the proposed new anti-gun restrictions will make it even better. I am so proud. To celebrate California's ranking, I think I'll just beat on my toes with a ballpeen hammer. I just wish Nevada was farther down on the list, but as a future refugee from California, Nevada is a haven of freedom.
Nevada only ranks as high as it does for these reasons

1) In the 60s the mob wanted to know who else in town had guns, so Clark and Washoe Counties got a useless and poorly administered handgun registration scheme. I think it has solved one murder since 1965.

2) Nevada trumpets being a low tax state, so it makes up the shortfall in lots of fees. The fees for a CHL renewal are daylight robbery compared with most others and the renewal frequency is higher, too.

3) Nevada has no "Stand your ground" statute as such, but it is a VERY rare thing for a homeowner or anybody else to be prosecuted for shooting a goblin. I cannot recall one case in 16 years, and some of the circumstances looked pretty flaky for the shooter.

4) Nevada has a 72 hour wait period for your FIRST handgun. Oooh.

Nice to see Utah has a zero rating. I have often thought of retiring to St George.