View Single Post

Old 09-02-2013, 02:59 PM

Liked 1,577 Times in 400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Park View Post
I just keep coming back to this thread and looking at the pictures again and again. Bill, I'm sure you are so incredibly proud and thrilled to have this RM. It is just amazing - everything about it is stunning. And I just LOVE those Ropers! What a magnificent package! I can only guess what you had to pay for it, but to be able to have that to appreciate and marvel at for the rest of your life has to be worth every penny.
Thank you Peter, I added a few more pictures in a feeble attempt to upgrade my photography. Worth every penny indeed. I didn't go after this gun with any hope of future financial gain, but because it is such a beautiful piece of functioning history, and as most members here know and appreciate, the satisfaction that comes with that is enormous.

Btw, I'm going to do as much research as possible into the provenance of the gun, and since it came without any accessories, I'm searching for some period correct pieces to surround it with. I already have several items, and if anyone has, or knows where I can find, an original RM box (large, type II) that they are willing to sell, please let me know.

Bill