View Single Post

Old 09-02-2013, 05:18 PM

Liked 5,242 Times in 2,483 Posts

Washington’s 15 points must come from the state’s computerized record of FFL handgun sales and ban on federally registered full autos. Granted the Democrats have a strangle hold on state politics, but gun control is the third rail most of them won’t touch. We have open carry, shall issue concealed pistol licenses, no waiting period with a CPL, licensed parents and adults who have business on K-12 school grounds can carry there, an unregulated non-FFL market, no permit required to buy, no registration of guns and state preemption of gun laws.

That last item, state preemption, is all important. It’s not just that the Seattle City Council would out law guns if it could. State preemption eliminates the risk of being charged with a felony by West Under Shirt which had not even incorporated the last time you drove through. Those of you who don’t have state preemption should work for it.

Digressing to the topic of Seattle, their recent ban on guns in parks and public places was tossed out in court because it violated state preemption. The mayor won’t quit. He was on the news a few days ago urging businesses to voluntarily post their premises no guns allowed. He wants the city to provide the signs for free.

It could be the Brady rating comes more from the state’s reputation than the reality of our laws.

Edit to add: After posting I see bluegrassarms’ link to how Brady scored states. Its so small I can’t read it nor can I enlarge it.

Last edited by k22fan; 09-02-2013 at 05:38 PM.