Thread: S&w 469
View Single Post

Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 PM

Liked 39 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post
Well, my thinking was to use it as a reload. Use the standard Mag that came with the gun as the one loaded while carrying, and keep the 30rd inside the waste band on a pouch so that if my luck goes so far south I actually need to not only use the gun but to reload, that would be what I'd change too.

Question, when you say won't be reliable, do you mean won't be reliable and will cause the gun to malfunction/fail, or just won't be reliable in that you won't be able to hide a gun with a 30rd mag in it? It's a serious question, not intended to be sarcastic or anything like that. I'm asking cause I've never heard that particular complaint about them before now.

The idea of carrying a 30 rd spare magazine IWB is a little bit silly, in my opinion.

I only have 37 rounds of 40 S&W ammo on my belt when I'm on duty in uniform. Off-duty if I'm carrying my 6906 I carry the 12 round magazine in the pistol with one in the pipe for 13 rounds plus a 17 round 5906 magazine as a reload.

If I am going somewhere that I am going to need more than 30 rounds I'll grab my level 4 body armor and my rifle plus 4 AR mags and then go there.

I honestly can't fathom any reason you would need or want to carry a 30 round magazine on your person.