View Single Post

Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 AM

Liked 517 Times in 297 Posts

That is correct, it only shortens the pull length and moves the trigger break point forward. It might reduce the pull weight just a little, but only 1/2 pound or so, nothing significant. The Bodyguard is hammer fired, like my Ruger LC9. If you try to reduce the pull weight, you must reduce the hammer spring pressure, which will likely cause light hits, not recommended for a carry gun.

I have a Ruger LC9 and put the Galloway kit into that gun. It reduced the pull length by half and moved the break point forward 1/2 inch. It no longer breaks at the rear of the trigger guard. The following short video shows my stock LC9 trigger pull, the Galloway modified trigger pull, and my stock Shield's trigger pull. I have since added an Apex kit to my Shield, along with a trigger over-travel stop. The video sound is a little out of sync. Bodyguard owners should expect similar results with the Galloway kit, except I got a 50% reduction for my LC9 and the Bodyguard kit gives just slightly less reduction at 40%.

As I mentioned earlier, Galloway Precision has a money back guarantee, if not satisfied with a product they sell, just return the product and you get a full refund, less shipping. So there is not much of a risk involved, and since you still have the stock trigger bar, you can always revert the gun back to stock, but I doubt anyone would want to do that.

Video link:

Ruger LC9 Stock Trigger Pull, Mod. LC9 Trigger Pull, Stock M&P Shield Trigger Pull - YouTube

Bob

Last edited by robkarrob; 09-06-2013 at 08:27 AM.